Golden Mile Bench
October 14, 2022
April 27, 2023
2022 Pinot Bianco
Handcrafted in small lots and available exclusively at our Golden Mile Bench estate, the Storied Series Pinot Bianco saw only 350 cases produced. Fresh and focused, with aromas of slivered almonds, lemon zest and wet stone. The palate has initial notes of crisp apple and dry pear with a lightly toasted finish. Pair this lovely wine with lemon baked cod and creamy braised cabbage.
The 2022 season at Hester Creek will be remembered as one of the most challenging, yet productive years. With the addition of new vineyards, the 2022 harvest yielded a larger crop than average. Due to cooler-than-expected spring temperatures and more rain than is typical of the South Okanagan, the season was off to a late start. By summer, temperatures rose and lasted into the autumn, extending the season with the warmest September and October on record. Growing degree days reached 1676 on average. This longer growing season led to longer hang times for the fruit as they developed phenolic ripeness. Harvest began on September 9th with our Ti Amo and finished on December 1st with our Old Vine Cabernet Franc. For the white varietals, longer hang times resulted in delicate aromatics. The red varietals hung on the vine throughout November allowing the grapes to concentrate their colours and flavours. The 2022 vintage will be remembered as a milestone year for producing exceptional, fruit-forward and age-worthy wines.
Handcrafted with Pinot Blanc grapes from our historic estate property, 67% of the grapes came from Block 4 and 33% from Block 9. The fruit was hand sorted and whole berry pressed before 86% went into stainless steel for fermentation, while the remaining 14% was fermented in two-year-old French oak barrels. The fermentation ran at 12°C for 32 days to retain the fresh and zesty aromatics. The wine was blended in early spring of 2023 and subsequently bottled on April 27, 2023.
Based on your shopping cart here are some suggestions!