2023 Pinot Bianco
Wine Specs
Vintage
2023
Varietal
Pinot Blanc
Appellation
Golden Mile Bench
Harvest Date
September 5, 2023
Acid
6.8 g/L
pH
3.3
Bottling Date
March 7, 2024
Residual Sugar
2.8 g/L

2023 Pinot Bianco

In Stock
Add To Cart
$23.99
/ 750ml
SKU: 43172923
Add To Cart
$287.88
/ Case of 12
 

Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
The aromas of this vintage take the shape of dried apricot, peach and coconut pith before leading to a luscious palate brimming with stone fruit, a mild touch of sagebrush and vanilla bean that lingers with a full and lengthy finish. To enhance a culinary experience, serve this fine wine alongside a gourmet bowl of lobster bisque or delectable peach and goat cheese tarts.
Vineyard Notes
The winter of 2022 set up less-than-ideal projections for 2023; however, the 2023 growing season at Hester Creek was everything that one could hope for in producing outstanding grapes for our wines. Growing Degree Days (GDD) reached 1835, making it the highest accumulation of GDDs for the months of April through August. Harvest began earlier than usual on August 25th with Pinot Noir and ended on October 1st with Cabernet Sauvignon. This compacted season became a story of quality over quantity and allowed our winemaking team to create new wines for our portfolio, craft variations of existing wines and use techniques like whole cluster pressing on 90% of our white wines and allowing for extended maceration periods on our red wines. Overall, the Hester Creek wine coming out of the 2023 season is an example of excellence rooted in the South Okanagan terroir.
Winemaker Notes
Identical in origin to our Old Vine Pinot Blanc, our 2023 Pinot Bianco deviates in style during the winemaking process. The grapes were hand picked from Blocks 4 and 9 of our historic estate property before being hand sorted and whole cluster pressed to retain the bright characteristics typical to the varietal. The resulting juice was cold settled then racked to ferment both blocks together in stainless steel tanks for one day. After this day, 20% was cleanly racked into three French oak barrels where it underwent a 12-day fermentation at 15°C. The remaining 80% was fermented in stainless steel tanks for 21 days at 12°C. Both lots were aged for five months in their respective vessels with the barrel portion undergoing weekly battonage on fine lees. The lots were blended and bottled on March 7, 2024.

Product Reviews

Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank:
Based on your shopping cart here are some suggestions!
93% Syrah, 7% Viognier
Add To Cart
$29.99
/ 750ml
SKU: 50439921
Add To Cart
$359.88
/ Case of 12
 
Add To Cart
$23.99
/ 750ml
SKU: 75087723
Add To Cart
$287.88
/ Case of 12
 
Add To Cart
$19.99
/ 750ml
SKU: 56003723
Add To Cart
$239.88
/ Case of 12
 
Add To Cart
$19.99
/ 750ml
SKU: 67719522
Add To Cart
$239.88
/ Case of 12
 
Add To Cart
$22.99
/ 750ml
SKU: 15831122
Add To Cart
$275.88
/ Case of 12